Your Holistic Earth Inc.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information is information about you that identifies you as an individual: for example, your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, business information, financial information, and/or social media accounts.
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us through your listing with us as a Practitioner or User, responses to surveys, search functions, questionnaires, feedback, third-party account linking, browsing, and the like. We may also ask you to provide additional information if you want to obtain additional services, information, participate in a contest or promotion or to resolve complaints and/or concerns.
HOW DOES THE COMPANY USE INFORMATION GATHERED ABOUT ONLINE VISITORS, USERS AND PRACTITIONERS?
Before forwarding us any Personal Information, please be advised that any information gathered on our Sites may be used in the aggregate for research and development and/or for future site development and, if you ask us to, to send you promotional materials. In particular, we may use information gathered about you for the following purposes:
- to monitor interest in our range of services and/or to assist us to tailor the content of our Sites to your needs by collecting information about your preferences through tracking of patterns page views on our Sites;
- to create a profile of a Practitioner and User;
- to verify the status of a Practitioner and User;
- to deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- to deliver the services that you have requested;
- to manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- to communicate with you regarding partially completed service requests;
- to perform background screening, which may include the use of third parties services or professionals;
- to enforce our terms and conditions and to manage our business; and
- in circumstances where you have indicated that you wish to receive additional information, to send you information about us and promotional material about our services together with details of any offers we may have available from time to time.
PROMOTIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL OFFERS
Information submitted at the time of registration or submission may be used for marketing and promotional purposes by the Company. If you object to such use for any reason, you may prevent that use, either by e-mail request or by modifying the information you have provided to us. The Company uses reasonable efforts to maintain all Users’ information in a secure environment. If you have submitted Personal Information and want to change it or opt-out, please contact us in the manner described below.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
The Company will not disclose Personal Information that you provide on its Site(s) to any third parties other than to a Company agent except:
- in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Terms of Service;
- in accordance with the services offered by the Company;
- to comply with legal requirements such as a law, regulation, warrant, subpoena or court order; and/or
- if you are reporting an adverse event/side effect, in which case the Company may be required to disclose such information to bodies such as, but not limited to, Canadian and/or international regulatory authorities.
Please note that any of these disclosures may involve the storage and/or processing of Personal Information outside of Canada and may therefore be subject to different privacy laws other than those applicable in Canada, including laws that require the disclosure of Personal Information to governmental authorities under circumstances that are different than those that apply in Canada.
The Company, in common with many web site operators, may use standard technology called “cookies” on its Sites. Cookies are small data files that are downloaded onto your computer when you visit a particular web site. They are used to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Information collected may include your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring website address. You can delete and/or disable cookies by turning them off in your browser; however, some areas of the Sites may not function properly if you do so.
PROTECTION OF CHILDREN ONLINE
The Company considers the protection of children’s privacy, especially online, to be of the utmost importance. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from children nor do we allow them to become registered users of, or to request information through, our Sites or help-seeking information lines.
ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR CERTAIN WEBSITES
The following additional information applies to our Sites. Generally, you are not required to provide Personal Information as a condition of using our Sites if you are a visitor, except as may be necessary to provide you with a service that you have requested. This information may be required in order for you to register as a member of our directory service; to use our services; participate in a contest, event, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; and/or initiate other transactions on our website.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION:
Our Commitment to Security
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. The Company applies security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, such as retaining information in secure facilities and making Personal Information accessible only to authorized employees on a need-to-know basis.
Storage of Information: